Policies & Procedures
At St Ambrose Barlow we aim to do things differently. This means that we prepare our students for life, work and learning after school. We are involved in the latest educational research, in partnerships with universities and businesses and have a strong alliance with other schools thanks to our Teaching School status. Pupils entering school now can expect to live long lives, enjoy varied careers of over 20 different jobs and will face some significant challenges. The world changes fast and we believe our school needs to keep up. That's why we do things differently.
School Closure Procedure – Severe Weather
In the event of a severe weather warning being issued the decision to close school will only be taken in exceptional circumstances.
We will ensure that parents are informed of the decision to close school as early as possible.
Information will be published on our school website and we have a communication system that will enable us to send text messages and emails to parents/carers. Local radio stations will also be informed of school closures and regularly updated where necessary.
In the event that school does remain open and we find that conditions deteriorate through the school day presenting a risk of harm or injury we may have to decide to close school early.
We will update the school website and send text messages and emails informing parents/carers as soon as possible.
- Attendance - ￼It all adds up!
- Behaviour Policy and Statement of Behaviour Principles
- Being on Time
- Best Value Statement updated 20 February 2018
- Careers Policy September 2018
- Charging Policy updated 20th February 2018
- Data Protection Policy (GDPR)
- Debt Recovery Policy updated 20 February 2018
- Educational Visits Policy
- Equalities Scheme
- Equality Act 2010 - Guidance Note for Catholic Schools
- Equality Policy
- Exams Behaviour Standards
- Exclusions Policy
- Finance Information
- Good Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Good Behaviour Policy
- Governors Code of Conduct
- Governors Allowance Policy updated 20 February 2018
- Holiday Request Form
- Home School Agreement
- Home School Agreement (Update)
- ICT Expectations For Pupils - Internet Access
- Looked After Children Policy
- Online Safety and Mobile Technology Policy
- Personal, Social, Health Education (PSHE) Policy
- Physical Intervention Policy
- Prevent Duty & Promoting British Values (a draft appendix to the Safeguarding Policy)
- Promoting Positive Attitudes to Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Provider Access Policy Statement
- Quality Assurance Policy
- Relationship and Culture Policy
- Request for School to Administer Medication
- School Complaints Policy
- Safeguarding - Flow Chart for Raising Concerns about a Child
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- School Fund Constitution Annual Adoption
- School Menu & Price List
- School Policy on Young Carers
- School Procedures
- Sixth Form Work Experience Policy (Draft to be ratified by Governors)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy
- Subject Access Request
- Supporting Children with Medical Conditions
- Tobacco, Alcohol, Solvent & Drug Abuse Policy
- Uniform: Pictoral Guide
- Use of Photographs & Video in School
- Whistleblowing Policy Annual Adoption