Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures
At St. Ambrose Barlow Sixth Form we aim to do things differently. This means that we prepare our students for life, work and learning after school. We are involved in the latest educational research, in partnerships with universities and businesses and have a strong alliance with other schools thanks to our Teaching School status. Students entering sixth form now can expect to live long lives, enjoy varied careers of over 20 different jobs and will face some significant challenges. The world changes fast and we believe our school needs to keep up. That's why we do things differently.
School Closure Procedure – Severe Weather
In the event of a severe weather warning being issued the decision to close school will only be taken in exceptional circumstances.
We will ensure that parents are informed of the decision to close school as early as possible.
Information will be published on our school website and we have a communication system that will enable us to send text messages and emails to parents/carers. Local radio stations will also be informed of school closures and regularly updated where necessary.
In the event that school does remain open and we find that conditions deteriorate through the school day presenting a risk of harm or injury we may have to decide to close school early.
We will update the school website and send text messages and emails informing parents/carers as soon as possible.
If you wish to request a paper copy of any information on our school website this will be provided free of charge.
- Sixth Form Work Experience Policy (Draft to be ratified by Governors)
- Attendance - It all adds up!
- Behaviour Policy
- Educational Visits Policy
- Equalities Scheme
- Equality Act 2010 - Guidance Note for Catholic Schools
- Finance Information
- Good Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Good Behaviour Policy
- Governors Code of Conduct
- Holiday Request Form
- Home School Agreement
- ICT Expectations For Pupils - Internet Access
- Online Safety and Mobile Technology Policy
- Promoting Positive Attitudes to Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Assurance Policy
- Request for School to Administer Medication
- Safeguarding Children Policy - Updated December 2016 (Draft to be ratified by Governors)
- School Complaints Policy
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy
- Statement on Charging Policy
- Tobacco, Alcohol, Solvent & Drug Abuse