Year 6 Transition
Dear Year 6,
We are delighted that you will be joining Ambrose Barlow in September. Whilst we cannot meet you in person at the moment, we hope that you will use this ‘Virtual Transition’ page to find out more about Ambrose so that you feel confident about starting secondary school.
You should have received a letter from Mr Davis by now and also a copy of the ‘Ambrose Passport’ which will help you to learn more about what you can expect when you join our school family in September. Over the coming weeks, we will be setting a range of ‘Be Secondary Ready’ challenges which we would like as many of you as possible to participate in. Mr Davis will include the best responses in our weekly school newsletter!
On this page, you will find some more information about how you can prepare yourselves for secondary school through the ‘Be Awesome, Go Big’ Challenge and also a workbook produced by Salford LEA. There is lots to keep you busy!
Keep an eye on this page and on your parents’ email for more information about other events we have coming up to support your transition to Ambrose.
Stay safe and well and we look forward to meeting you soon.
Be Secondary Ready
- Be Secondary Ready May Half Term Challenge
- Be Awesome Go Big Workbook editable.pptx
- Salford LEA Boost Transition Workbook
- Session 1 Being awesome.pptx
- Session 2 Unlocking your mind.pptx
- Session 3 Dare to take risks.pptx
- Session 4 Making the change.pptx
- Session 5 Lost but not lost.pptx
- Session 6 Bouncebackability.pptx
- Session 7 What is normal anyway.pptx
- Session 8 Friendships and fallouts.pptx
- Session 9 Living well.pptx
Information for Parents/Carers
- PiXL Secondary Building Resilience Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Growth Mindset Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Helping your child get into good habits Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Making the Change Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Transition into secondary school Parent Pamphlet
This is Ambrose